Monday, September 7, 2015

Rachel Ray's Kids Cook Off

Hi All,
Ok, so I am totally obsessed with all of the Cooking show Contests, Chopped, Master Chef, Cut Throat Kitchen, Guys Grocery Games, Food Network Stars, but ones that are my favorites are the kid shows!!! Master Chef Junior, the baking show with Duff and Valery Bertonelli, My Favorites are the baking shows, and there is just not enough of those, but that is a subject for another day!!  Any way, I was watching last weeks episode with my husband and my daughter, and I was watching Olivia, and I was shocked that no one made her pull her hair back!! I am not saying that she needs to have a hair net, but come on!! So as I am commenting on this subject, I look up to see that her hair is totally in her sauce!!! I was so grossed out!!! So as I am trying to not gag, my husband points out how when they did a close up of his hands, and his fingernails were disgusting!!!!!  Filthy, nasty, dirty black nails!! Carrying all kinds of germs, and God knows what else!!  I just can't even believe that the Food Network would not stress the importance of proper hygiene in the kitchen!! I think that the first time that they walked over the threshold of the Food Network, they IMMEDIATELY go over the first and most important rules!!  I am very disappointed, and shocked this would go on!! I would at home, when my kids were little make them wash their hands right away if they wanted to help in the kitchen!! Even they were my own kids, I would tend not to really eat things that they made in pre- school, or at a friends house, because I don't know how things were made!! Anyway, I just think that while they are molding children's minds, and encouraging what these kids clearly have a passion for, they should be the start with the basics!! Just Sayin'   Karen ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment